Dear readers, thanks for dropping by. Kindly note that I have migrated all these posts to my new blog All Things Cozy and Homely . I will blog at the new site from Jan 15 onwards.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Interior Design Inspiration I - designsponge.com

design sponge

Image copyrighted to http://mylifescoop.com/

Aside from SquareRooms, Home and Decor and Urban Cube magazines, where do you find inspirations for your home make-over?

For me, I like to check out condominium show flats and not forgetting, interior design-related websites for the latest trends or some quirky ideas to spruce up my home.

In fact, what I really adore about interior design-related websites is that they are always updated, no boring cutter-cookie designs and the best part? These sites are entirely absolutely F R E E ! :)

In addition, no hopping from book-stores to book-store just to purchase an interior design-related magazine, no waiting for the next magazine issue and so on..

So today, I am going to share with you one of my favorite site: designsponge.com

-->

What is this site about?
Extracted from the site:

" Design*Sponge is a design blog run by Brooklyn-based writer, Grace Bonney. Launched in August of 2004, the site updates between 6-8 times per day and was declared a “Martha Stewart Living for the Millennials” by the New York Times. Design*Sponge attracts a diverse group of devoted readers across the globe. Design*Sponge currently has 75,000 daily readers on the main site, over 127,000+ RSS readers, 380,000+ Twitter followers and 50,000+ Facebook followers. Click here for PRESS on design*sponge. "

I stumbled across designsponge last year, and realized that it is a very good platform for those much needed inspiration to springboard home renovation projects.

What are featured in this site?

DIY projects for DIY suckers lovers like me, Before and After renovation projects and another of my favourite section - Sneak-peeks which features renovation designs catagorised by the style, country and even size! :)

My Verdict?
Well...what can I say?  Have fun exploring! :)






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments: